2011 Cyber Security Awareness Month
The Prizes - to be given away at the end of October
MOREnet Security Scavenger Hunt
MOREnet security has our favorite haunts on the Internet - pages that we visit on a regular basis to find new tools, see what training is being offered and general resources. We decide to share our secret haunts with you but just giving you the links is too easy, you have to find them!
Here are your 10 clues for finding our favorite places, people and tools. Send your answers to security(at)more.net to be entered into our grand prize drawing.
1. MOREnet Security works with SANS and other educational institutions to bring reduced cost training to the educational community. What is the URL of our partnership page? What is the next @EDU partnership offering, if we get 100 people?
2. EDUCAUSE holds a yearly Information Security Awareness Poster and Video contest. From where can you download the winning videos and posters?
3. Name 3 of the official MOREnet twitter accounts. If you name all of them, you will get a second entry into the grand prize drawing.
4. Where will the MOREnet Security Symposium be held in 2012?
5. This website allows you to execute any Sysinternals tool directly from the web.
6. What is the page on the Mozilla website that will check if your plugins are up to date?
7. what is the latest version of Adobe Flash Player?
8. What are the next 3 MOREnet Security web seminars?
9. What is the URL of the Free Antivirus resource page on the MOREnet web site?
10. Department of Homeland Security's National Cyber security awareness campaign. Give me either the name of the campaign or the URL.
11. What is the website of our 2011 Security Symposium keynote speaker?
12. What are the IP address of the MOREnet Blackhole DNS servers?
13. What antivirus research did a TED talk about fighting viruses?
14. In the Google Blog on enabling Gmail 2-factor authentication, what is the verification code?
15. What are your 3 favorite security tools? (obviously, there are no right or wrong answers on this question; we want to know what you are using on a daily basis).
B1: A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math and language. What is the comic number of correct horse battery staple?
B2: What size floppy disk was in the Q12 TED talk?
What is wrong in this picture?
Look at this picture and see if you can find all the things that the user is doing wrong. The main image is below. If you want a closer view, download one or all of the individual images linked below. The individual images divide the original image into 3 parts -- 1.jpg is the left side of the desk, 2.jpg is the middle third and 3.jpg is the right section of the desk.
Web seminar: Better security for your Gmail account
Date: October 25, 2011
Time: 2:00-3:00 PM
1-factor, 2-factor, multi-factor – too many terms and most people don’t understand what it means and how it can make you more secure. 1-factor authentication is simple, we use it every day when we login to our workstations; it is something we know, like username and password. This simple authentication process is used for just about everything we use on the Internet: social networking, banking, email and gaming sites. But what is 2-factor authentication? How does it make me more secure? Why does Gmail ask me if I want to enable it? Aren’t the secret security questions enough? Join MOREnet Security as we answer these questions and show you how to enable 2-factor authentication on your Gmail account. Once you have the basics, you will want 2-factor authentication everywhere! Register for this web seminar: https://morenet.adobeconnect.com/_a778693208/gmail-sec/event/event_info....