Before Calling MOREnet
If your system does not operate properly, please complete the steps in the Troubleshooting Checklist below and collect the information listed under Site Information before calling MOREnet for assistance. If you don't find the solution to your problem in the Checklist below, you should also check for the problems listed on Common Causes of Videoconferencing Problems.
- Verify that all cables, including power, network and microphones, are securely connected to your equipment.
- Work from your video unit to the network connection at your wall jack.
- Then work from your network connection through to your organization's switch.
- Avoid looking for something complicated and difficult to diagnose. 80% of the time, the problem will be something simple.
- Check the remaining connections from each device to the next.
- What has changed since the last time it worked?
- Reboot your videoconferencing equipment by turning the power to your video unit off and back on. Then check to see if the problem still exists.
- If these steps do not resolve the issue, collect the site information listed below and then contact MOREnet Video Support, or proceed to MOREnet's Video Services Troubleshooting Guide.
Information MOREnet will need to troubleshoot your video problem.
- Video Technical Contact information
- Phone number
- Organization name
- Name of conference
- Video unit information
- IP address
- Operating system version
- Nature of problem