MOREnet discussion lists provide an e-mail message forum where people with similar interests may leave messages for an entire group, just by posting to one list e-mail address. To receive the messages, members simply subscribe to the list.
MOREnet discussion lists are operated by a software program called Mailman. Mailman can be thought of as a postman. It sends e-mail messages to the proper recipients and takes care of subscription requests, postings and list archives.
At the beginning of each year, discussion list archives older than two years will be expired and discussion lists not used in over two years will be removed.
Find information on specific lists at http://lists.more.net/mailman/listinfo.
- Ability to communicate to many individuals with one e-mail message
- Easy list management using Mailman software
- Subscription control
- List moderation
- Privacy options
- List archives
Internet connection and an e-mail address
Eligibility and Pricing
All MOREnet members are eligible to create and subscribe to MOREnet discussion lists. List owners may approve or deny subscription requests for their lists.
Discussion lists service is free for MOREnet members.
Accessing the Service
- Complete a New Discussion List Application form (PDF file; 84 KB). (See the discussion lists Application Form Guide for instructions on completing the form.)
- Fax or mail completed form to MOREnet. The MOREnet address and fax number are on the form.
- Once approved, MOREnet technicians will create the list and notify the list owner that the list is ready for use.
MOREnet technicians are available by phone or e-mail to assist with discussion list creation, management and other questions.
Discussion Lists support information is also available in the Technical Support section of MOREnet's website.
For more information about MOREnet discussion lists, members may contact MOREnet Technical Support at by phone at (800) 509-6673 or (573) 884-7200, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
If you live in the state of Missouri and are not a MOREnet member, see MOREnet Programs to find out if your organization qualifies for membership through a MOREnet program.