MOREnet Announces Google Apps for Missouri
MOREnet is pleased to announce that it has entered into an agreement to provide access, training and support for Google Apps for Education to all K-12 members.
MOREnet K-12 members will have the opportunity to be connected to common e-mail, chat, calendar, collaboration and multimedia tools that will enable them to work together and learn more effectively. MOREnet will assist K-12 member schools in the adoption and configuration of Google Apps by providing training to administrators, faculty, and staff.
“MOREnet provides technology services both inside and outside the classroom to meet the needs of our members,” states John Gillispie, Executive Director, MOREnet. “Adding Google Apps to the MOREnet Communication and Collaboration Solution suite that already includes MOREnet’s Managed E-mail, Managed Web and Videoconferencing services is one more way MOREnet continues to enable multiple options to fit the needs of our members.”
About Google Apps for Education:
Google Apps for Education allows schools to give Google's communication and collaboration applications to their entire education community for free. All services are hosted by Google and are available to users via any Internet-connected computer or mobile device. Google Apps for Education includes the following services:
- Gmail - provides seven gigabytes of e-mail storage per mailbox, highly effective spam filtering and powerful search with integrated voice and video chat
- Google Calendar - allows easy coordination of work or class schedules, meetings and events online Google Video - offers online video private to a school’s domain
- Google Docs - allows users to create and collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, presentations, forms and drawings in real-time as well as upload and share any file type
- Google Sites - gives users the ability to develop and customize rich websites and embed Google Docs, Google Calendars, videos and other media -- all without requiring any technical expertise
- Google Groups - offers the ability to create mailing lists and discussion forums allowing students and teachers to easily and efficiently share documents, calendars, sites and media with specific groups.
In the coming weeks, we will be working with Google to certify MOREnet technical support and training staff to better assist schools in configuring and migrating to Google Apps for Education. Watch the MOREnet website for announcements and webinars to explain how MOREnet can help you with Google Apps for Education.
Our April 27 webinar, titled Google Apps in Missouri Schools, includes three guest speakers who will share their experiences. Members wanting more information on MOREnet’s support services for Google Apps or who would like to work with us as early adopters please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.more.net/google. To request an in-service training on Google Apps, contact email@example.com.