MOREnet is offering a colocation service to house member-owned equipment in the University of Missouri/MOREnet data center. Members colocating equipment have access to secure data facilities with rack space, power and connectivity. This facility has direct access to the MOREnet core network with robust Ethernet connectivity to servers. Members can effectively manage their own equipment in a secure, off-site facility.
- Enables a member to provide alternate access to their critical applications in a disaster-recovery situation.
- Public traffic to and from the equipment will not traverse the member tail circuit for Internet-facing applications, saving valuable bandwidth.
- Redundant power sources (A+B) are provided for each device, backed up with dual power grids and an on-site generator.
- The facility is HVAC controlled with redundant cooling systems.
- Public IPv4 and/or IPv6 addresses will be provided for equipment in the shared facility.
- Subscribers will realize a cost reduction of lower telecom costs and lower direct operating costs.
- Typical 1RU server moving 2 Mbps/month: $1,064 colocation vs. $6,000+ circuit cost.
- Subscribers will remotely control their hardware using provided IP-based KVM (Keyboard-Video-Mouse) devices, serial port access and remote power-cycle capabilities through provided Power Management Units (PMU).
- Hands and eye support is available to members if human intervention is required.
- Installation services are available.
- MOREnet can maintain the subscriber's operating system with updates and security patches.
Service Level Options
A single service level is available with this service.
- Members can house equipment in the UM/MOREnet data center in Columbia, Mo., by shipping the equipment to the data center. UM/MOREnet technicians will install and cable the equipment.
- The member will receive a dedicated IP range, Ethernet port(s), KVM port(s) [on a shared KVM system], serial port(s) [optional] and A+B power ports per device. The member will have authenticated access to the KVM port, serial port [optional] and power management ports for their device(s).
- The member will be billed for the 95th percentile usage of bandwidth by the devices collocated in the data center.
- Members may designate multiple individuals for remote access and/or physical access to their collocated equipment in the data center.
- Basic hands/eyes will be provided to check lights, power cycle equipment, etc., at no cost; additional effort will be on a per-hour basis.
MOREnet members, both connected or non-connected, are eligible for this service. However, members not connected to the MOREnet core network may not experience optimal performance.
Purchasing the Service
A separate service agreement is required prior to collocating equipment in the facility.
Contact MOREnet Technical Support at (800) 509-6673 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download Service Order Form (PDF 86.13KB)
In addition to the device prices listed below, subscribers are also responsible for bandwidth used at 95th percentile at $58 per Mbps per year.
- 1U Device - $70 per month
- 2U Device - $120 per month
- 3U Device - $170 per month
- 4U Device - $220 per month
- 5U Device - $270 per month
- 6U Device - $320 per month
Managed Server Service add on:
- Operating system administration management: $3,500 per server per year.
Other configurations are available. Call (800) 509-6673 for a custom quote.
Colocation Terms and Conditions
- All services are subject to MOREnet Service Policies.
- Neither MOREnet nor the hosting site will provide network-based security devices.
- If a system is found to be compromised, MOREnet will remove access to the system and alert the subscriber.
- No credit card information is to be stored on the UM/MOREnet data center premises.