Internet Content Filtering
MOREnet offers Internet Content Filtering (ICF) powered by Netsweeper to all interested members.
Please note that MOREnet has recently modified its default category filters and setup process for its MOREnet-hosted Internet Content Filtering service.
- Filtered Web Traffic: Global filtering by IP address and IP address range, along with the ability to customize filtering solutions by organization.
- Interface: Easy to use Web interface that enables the administration of filtering settings.
- Custom Categories: Create and populate an unlimited number of customized block or allow categories, with futher flexibility to allow access to particular sites within a category that are otherwise blocked.
- Filter by Group: Assign filters based on multiple criteria. For example, a lab with several workstations might be filtered by IP address or IP address range and assigned the highest level of filtering, while that same organization might assign a less restrictive filter set to a different IP address range. This feature also allows the removal of an individual workstation by IP address from the filter.
- Schedule-based Filtering: Assign filtering based on a particular time of day. For instance, the most restrictive filtering can be applied from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., with a more relaxed filter setting assigned during the lunch hour or after hours.
- Block and Allow File Types: In addition to filtering Web traffic, administrators can choose to block or allow specific file types, such as MP3 or other bandwidth-intensive files accessed through the Web browser.
- Reporting: Reporting tools are available to help you understand Internet activity and pinpoint potential problems. Activity logs are kept for two weeks. A limited number of reports are available through the MOREnet-hosted solution. More extensive reporting is available through the Member-hosted solution.
- Customized Redirect Page: Customize the message that appears on the page notifying a user that a site has been blocked.
- Filtering for Remote Devices: Filter laptops that staff or students take home to assure that organizational resources continue to be used in compliance with locally established policies.
- Filter HTTPS, Anonymous Proxies and Uncategorized Sites: Netsweeper filtering utilizes advanced systems that actively scan the Internet and categorize pages on the fly as requested by users.
Available Service Options
Before purchasing one of these service options, contact MOREnet Technical Support to determine which solution is the best fit for your networking needs.
MOREnet-hosted: MOREnet manages the hardware and software. Each Web request is checked against the MOREnet server before a connection to the site is allowed. Your organization has access to a Web-based interface that gives you complete control over your organization's filtering configuration. Click here for more information on MOREnet-hosted Internet Content Filtering.
When your account is activated, initial filtering settings will be configured by MOREnet Technical Support based on default categories that are among those designed to address CIPA-compliance and security practices, plus any additional categories you may specify on the order form. You can then change the category selections and otherwise customize your organization’s profile at any time, including changes to or within the default categories.
Member-hosted: The filtering hardware and software are located on the member network and on member-provided equipment. This configuration allows the organization to have complete control over the service and receive access to the full reporting and configuration capabilities that Netsweeper has to offer. The member is responsible for providing and maintaining the hardware, software and all filtering settings. MOREnet is available to provide support on the installation and maintenance of the Web interface. Click here for more information on Member-hosted Internet Content Filtering.
If a current MOREnet Internet Content Filtering subscriber would like to switch from one type of service to another (e.g., MOREnet-hosted to Member-hosted) please contact MOREnet at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 509-6673.
Netsweeper maintains a database of more than 50 categories of sites that may be blocked. New sites are automatically updated to the database as soon as they are requested by a user. Subscribers can specify categories of sites, and the product will automatically block the sites determined by the manufacturer to be in that category. However, individual members can add or delete from the categories and can specify individual sites not in a category that they want blocked.
Only MOREnet members are eligible for the Internet Filtering service.
Purchasing the Service
To purchase MOREnet's Internet Content Filtering solution, complete the appropriate Internet Content Filtering Order Form.
Fax or mail a completed Order Form with copy of a purchase order to MOREnet. The billing process will begin automatically upon receipt of the order form. The service will be prorated by the month of entry for orders received after the start of the fiscal year. By June 1 of each year, organizations will be required to provide an updated count of devices so that the correct number of licenses may be purchased. Organizations will then be billed the annual rate for their number of licenses.
- MOREnet will process your subscription upon receipt of the order form and purchase order and will contact you with your account information and other needed items to complet the purchase.
Internet Content Filtering Pricing
Per vendor requirements, purchase subscriptions using the pricing schedules below based on total Internet-accessible computing devices at the site.
|Total number of Internet
-accessible computing devices
|Annual pack price|
|Packs of 10 (1-500 devices)||$36.00|
|Packs of 10 (501-1,000 devices)||$33.50|
|Packs of 10 (1,001-2,500 devices)||$30.50|
|Packs of 10 (2,501-5,000 devices)||$27.50|
|Packs of 10 (5,001-7,500 devices)||$24.50|
|Packs of 10 (More than 7,500 devices)||$21.50|
Once a year, MOREnet will request updates from subscribers on the number of Internet-accessible computing devices so that an accurate number of subscriptions are purchased. If you have an increase in the number of Internet-accessible devices at any time during the year, please let MOREnet know so that we can purchase subscriptions for them.
Service cancellations must be received by June 1 to avoid being charged for an additional year. There are no refunds available for this service.
For more information about, or to subscribe to, MOREnet's Internet Content Filtering service, contact MOREnet Technical Support at (573) 884-7200 or by e-mail to email@example.com
Internet Content Filtering Terms and Conditions
- All services are subject to MOREnet Service Policies.
- Member is responsible for determining the categories and individual websites that are allowed or blocked.
- MOREnet is not responsible for local decisions regarding filtering block or allow configurations.
- This service is provided with the understanding that no filter is perfect in blocking all Internet sites that are in conflict with federal law.
- The provision of this service and an organization's voluntary use of this service are good-faith efforts to meet the requirements of federal laws.
- MOREnet is not liable to any party for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages resulting from any use of this service or any outage, planned or unplanned, of this service.