On-site Wireless Assessment Surveys
With mobility and 1:1 Initiatives becoming standard in today’s environment, wireless “hot spots” are becoming less effective to meet the needs of every organization. When this happens, a reliable wireless network configuration becomes pertinent in maintaining a high-performance network.
MOREnet offers On-site Wireless Assessment Surveys using industry-leading wireless assessment equipment and software. Whether troubleshooting existing wireless issues or planning to build or reconfigure a wireless network, MOREnet trained technicians can assist by providing members an on-site wireless survey and radio frequency (RF) survey map of the analysis.
WIRELESS SURVEY REPORT EXAMPLE
RF SURVEY MAP EXAMPLE
In addition, MOREnet can also deliver an optional written summary with findings and recommendations for members to share with their organization as they begin their planning process.
CUSTOM REPORT SAMPLE
This optional service enhancement complements MOREnet’s support on local and wide-area networks through its existing Network Consulting Service.
Features and Benefits:
Planning and Design
- A trained MOREnet technician will visit the site and conduct the survey, providing verbal feedback and suggestions along the way to help each member seek the optimal performance from their wireless network
- Visual heat maps will help determine trouble spots and correct placement of access points for the best possible wireless configurations
- MOREnet technicians will also be able to advise on equipment upgrades and improvements that may be needed
- Upon completion of the survey, a radio frequency (RF) survey map will be provided at no charge containing the raw data from the analysis
- Members who prefer a written, follow-up summary with findings and recommendations, may optionally select this service for an additional cost
- Using a prepared building diagram received in advance of the visit, the MOREnet technician will prepare for the onsite survey, ensuring the member’s goals are met during the visit
- MOREnet’s industry-leading wireless assessment tools can find the right placement of access points and troubleshoot current configurations effectively, saving valuable time for members
- MOREnet technicians provide objective, independent suggestions based on facts. Recommendations are unbiased to any particular hardware or product, leaving the member to decide what is right for their organization.
- MOREnet conducts this survey as a consultant to analyze the member’s wireless needs and configurations. Each member then has the ability to plan, design and purchase whatever equipment will meet their needs independent from the survey
- Utilizing trained MOREnet technicians can take the guess work out of planning or troubleshooting a wireless network freeing up resources and saving money
- MOREnet members benefit from this service enhancement being priced well below the industry standard
MOREnet members who currently subscribe to a Full or Basic Membership Package are eligible to purchase this enhanced consulting service.
- Wireless assessment and RF report: $300 per day, plus travel-related expenses*
- Optional custom findings report : $300 per custom written report
This service is designed for small-scale wireless surveys. For members requiring surveys across more than 3 buildings or for large, campus-wide wireless deployments, please contact MOREnet for a custom quote.
Pricing per day includes one MOREnet technician on-site for 4-8 hours. Multiple days and/or technician(s) may be required to meet the member’s specific surveying needs. Each additional on-site technician will be charged to the member at $300 per day, plus travel-related expenses.
The MOREnet technician will determine the necessity of lodging and meals based on several factors, including distance from Columbia, start/end times, etc. We follow University of Missouri guidelines regarding travel related expenses, including mileage reimbursement rates and maximums on meals. You will be given a good faith approximation of what these charges will be before the survey is confirmed. You will be invoiced for the actual expenses after the survey and optional written report is completed.
Accessing the Service:
Terms and Conditions:
- All services are subject to MOREnet Service Policies
- Normal hours of operation for Network Consulting and wireless assessment services are Monday -Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding University holidays
- Support is provided on a best-effort basis and as resources are available. Not all technologies are supported