Resources for Digital Accessibility
- Published: Tuesday, Sept. 24, 2019
There are a number of laws and guidelines relating to digital accessibility, both on the federal and state levels, and there is a correspondingly large number of resources to help you navigate this complicated field.
Two of the most frequently cited resources for accessibility are Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act and the World Wide Web Consortium's Web Content and Accessibility Guidlines (WCAG). Missour Assistive Technology, DESE, Mizzou and a number of others maintain websites with resources.
- Missouri Assistive Technology: https://at.mo.gov/it-access/ict-laws-standards.html
- DESE: https://dese.mo.gov/web-commun-training/web-accessibility-resources
- Mizzou's Disability Center: https://www.section508.gov/manage/laws-and-policies
- W3C WCAG Overview: https://www.w3.org/WAI/standards-guidelines/wcag/
- Web AIM Wave Accessibility Tool: http://wave.webaim.org/
We take accessibility very seriously and strive to ensure our own resources are accessible to everyone, and we have constructed our web presence with that in mind. You'll also find that all of our website services are set up to be accessible; WordPress, Drupal and Gabbart Communications have each been designed with Section 508 compliance in mind.