Cyber Security Awareness Month – Secure IT
- Published: Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2019
October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month. This year’s message is Own IT. Secure IT. Protect IT.
- Create strong passwords. Use a passphrase. Longer=stronger
- Use multi-factor authentication. Using a second method of authentication can provide extra protection.
- Only shop at secure sites online. Look for the lock and https:// in the address bar.
- Don’t use public Wi-Fi when shopping or using any type of personal information.
- Educate yourself on how to spot a ‘phish’ and make sure to report this activity.
Follow @MOREnetSecurity this month on Twitter as we post daily tips to promote Cyber Security Awareness. #BeCyberSmart #CyberAware
Next Week…Protect IT.