Gale Resources During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Published: Thursday, March 26, 2020
These tools are available to all Missouri libraries, regardless of whether they're Gale subscribers.
Gale is making available a comprehensive online toolkit that provides several support materials to help optimize existing resources, enhance instruction, go virtual, share credible health information and more. The toolkit will also soon include tools to help you and your libraries engage effectively across your communities with promotional templates like emails and social media posts, and blog content to share on related topics like working remotely, homeschooling and more.
Overview of Gales' comprehensive online toolkit
- Resources: Interdisciplinary, curriculum-aligned resources to support online learning from pre-K through undergraduate. Please note these are open access; you do not have to be a Gale subscriber. Our message on the site about sharing resources: "If you have access to these resources through your public, school or district library, please leverage those resources so you can capture the usage at the appropriate account level. If you plan to share any of the additional open resources with students, faculty, patrons or other people in your community, please let them know they may be prompted to enter with a password. The password is 'open.'"
- Training: Live and on-demand training materials to help partners optimize their existing resources.
- Supporting Online Learning: Professional development eBooks to help those transitioning to and strengthening virtual learning.
- Expert Insights: Authoritative Gale resources to support research on health-related topics and global issues.