HydroSci: Game-Based Learning
- Published: Thursday, May 14, 2020
Mission HydroSci (MHS) is a game-based 3D virtual environment. It is designed to teach key concepts and gain knowledge of water systems while building competencies in scientific argumentation to support Next Generation Science Standards. For a short video demonstrating aspects of MHS visit https://stemforall2020.videohall.com/presentations/1768
Currently, The University of Missouri is proposing to the US Department of Education that we enhance Mission HydroSci, so it can scale for use by many teachers. Future enhancements include:
- Making MHS available on Windows, Macs and iPads
- Providing easy registration/access for teachers and classes
- Implementing a training and support system for teachers
- Evaluating teacher acceptance and student achievement
If you are a K-12 district interested in a randomized control trial, the field trial will take place in 2023-2024. The HydroSci team is particularly interested in recruiting schools with high needs students.
Email [email protected] to receive a letter of intent to participate.