Mark your calendar to join us the 3rd Wednesday of every month at 8 PM for #MOREnetSecurity Twitter Chat. Want to moderate or suggest a topic? Just DM us or email email@example.com. DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t have a Twitter account yet? Click here for help on how to set one up.
WEEKLY THREAT RESOURCE SITE
KNOW YOUR ENEMY Ã¢â‚¬â€œ THREAT OF THE WEEK
FREAK Ã¢â‚¬â€œ ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s been a couple of months since FREAK (Factoring Attack on RSA-EXPORT Keys) was reported and unfortunately it hasnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t gone away. If you havenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t had a chance to find out what it is, check out the Ã¢â‚¬Å“Weekly Threat Resource SiteÃ¢â‚¬Â Link and the following links for information.
TOP HEADLINES THIS WEEK
VULNERABILITIES AND PATCHES
HOW DO THEY DO THAT
Metropolitan Area Network Ã¢â‚¬â€œ A Metropolitan Area Network (MAN) uses Ethernet links via microwave or fiber optic connections that can connect two or more buildings within a private local area network (LAN). Our experts can set up MAN infrastructure that covers an area that ranges from a few city blocks to the area of an entire city or several cities. Click here for additional information
UPCOMING TRAINING AND EVENTS
- 2015 MOREnet Annual Conference Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Monday, October 5 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Thursday, October 8, 2015, Union Station, St. Louis -- Call for presenters will be open until April 5 and you can register and reserve your room for conference now. If your presentation is accepted, your registration fee for two days of the conference will be refunded. Click here for presenter and registration information.
- *CompTIA Network+ -- Monday, June 22 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Friday, June 26, 2015, MOREnet, 221 Stadium Blvd., Ste. 201, Columbia -- This course is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with a basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems to prepare for the CompTIAÃ‚Â® Network+Ã‚Â® (Exam N10-005), or who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and acquire the required skills to prepare for a career in network support or administration. Click here to register
*NOTE: This course needs a minimum of 10 attendees and will be withdrawn from the schedule 2 weeks prior to date of training if minimum is not met. DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t wait till the last minute!
- Introduction to Windows 2012 Server Administration Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Tuesday, July 14 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Wednesday, July 15, MOREnet 221 Stadium Blvd., Ste. 201, Columbia -- Designed to build a foundation in basic server administration, this class introduces students to many of Windows Server 2012 features. The class includes extensive exercises which reinforce Microsoft Windows Server 2012 network administration skills as they are learned. Click here to register
- Windows 2012 Group Policy Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Thursday, July 16, MOREnet, 221 Stadium Blvd., Ste. 201, Columbia -- This class is designed to allow students to centrally manage workstations and servers with Group Policy Objects (GPOs) within a Windows Active Directory domain. Click here to register
- Mobile Device Administration Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Monday, July 20, MOREnet, 221 Stadium Blvd., Ste. 201, Columbia -- This hands-on class in MOREnetÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s mobile lab will introduce network administrators and techs to basic features, settings, apps and device management in the mobile environment. Click here to register
- Cyber Security Awareness Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Social Media and Digital FootprintsÃ¢â‚¬â€Thursday, July 23, 2015Ã¢â‚¬â€10:00am to 11:30am, Daniel Boone Regional Library, 100 West Broadway, Columbia, MO Ã¢â‚¬â€œ This FREE workshop is geared toward parents and grandparents. If you'd like to learn more about Social Media and Digital Footprints, please join us to find out what kids are doing online today and how it can affect their future. No registration necessary.
Do you know of any upcoming security-related training or events? Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in this newsletter.