WEEKLY THREAT RESOURCE SITE
KNOW YOUR ENEMY Ã¢â‚¬â€œ THREAT ID OF THE WEEK
Ever heard of Sefnit? Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Sefnit is a family of malware that uses infected computers for click fraud and bitcoin mining. Ã¢â‚¬Å“Check out the following links for more information.
TOP HEADLINES THIS WEEK
Facebook, Google, Twitter and thousands more websitesÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ Login Protocols Hacked Ã¢â‚¬â€œ There is not any FIX for that!
VULNERABILITIES AND PATCHES
HOW DO THEY DO THAT?
Mobility Management with AirWatch by VMware Ã¢â‚¬â€œ MOREnet is pleased to offer members discounted device licenses for the AirWatch by VMware hosted solution suites as well as optional discounted setup assistance from the AirWatch team.. Check out the following link for additional features and benefits. http://www.more.net/services/mobility-management
UPCOMING TRAINING AND EVENTS
- Aerohive Certified Wireless Administrator (ACWA) First-level WLAN essentials training course Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Tuesday, May 13, 2014 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Wednesday, May 14, 2014 -- Designed for network professionals responsible for managing and supporting wireless LAN networks, this extensive course will provide you with the information and skills necessary to gain an understanding of AerohiveÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s cooperative control WLAN architecture. Learn best practices in designing and optimizing an Aerohive WLAN. Configure and manage Aerohive Access Points, and HiveManager. Troubleshoot routine problems in your wireless environment. Click here to register for this event.
- Aerohive Certified Wireless Professional (ACWP) Second-level advanced WLAN training course -- Thursday, May 15 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Friday, May 16, 2014 -- This course is designed for experienced Aerohive customers and partners seeking to learn about advanced configuration, troubleshooting, and WLAN design and integration. Click here to register for this event.
- Security Roadshow! Ã¢â‚¬â€œ MOREnet Security is excited to hit the road again this summer to bring the 2014 Security Roadshow to a location near you. Since weÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re making the rounds in June this year, we decided to take a slightly different approach and are going to focus on different aspects of the current threat landscape Ã¢â‚¬â€œ from a MOREnet memberÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s perspective Ã¢â‚¬â€œ and what you can do to better protect/secure your organization. We also hope youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll take the opportunity during each session to share best practices and brainstorm solutions with MOREnet members in your part of the state.
- Roadshow Dates and Locations:
- Tuesday, June 3 - Houston R-1 School District
- Wednesday, June 4 - Wentzville R-IV School District
- Tuesday, June 10 - Moberly Area Community College
- Wednesday, June 11 - Mid-Continent Public Library, Kansas City
- Thursday, June 12 - Online Webinar
- Click this link to register
Do you know of any upcoming security-related training events? Please send them to email@example.com for inclusion in this newsletter.
SECURITY AWARENESS TIP OF THE WEEK
Teaching Security Awareness Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Need some pointers on how to effectively teach security awareness to your end users? Check out the following links for some great tips on how to do just that.