Mark your calendar to join us the 3rd Wednesday of every month at 8 PM for #MOREnetSecurity Twitter Chat. Want to moderate or suggest a topic? Just DM us or email firstname.lastname@example.org. DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t have a Twitter account yet? Click here for help on how to set one up.
WEEKLY THREAT RESOURCE SITE
KNOW YOUR ENEMY Ã¢â‚¬â€œ THREAT OF THE WEEK
While the Angler Exploit Kit may have already established itself as one of the more sophisticated kits on the underground market, it appears itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s still finding ways to evolve.
Angler Exploit Kit Exploiting New Adobe Vulnerability, Dropping Cryptowall 3.0
TOP HEADLINES THIS WEEK
VULNERABILITIES AND PATCHES
HOW DO THEY DO THAT
FREE ONLINE COURSES
Mobility Management with AirWatch by VMWare - AirWatch by VMware helps schools, universities and other organizations embrace the next generation of learners and practitioners with a suite of services to assist with the management of mobility.
UPCOMING TRAINING AND EVENTS
- 2015 MOREnet Annual Conference Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Monday, October 5 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Thursday, October 8, 2015, Union Station, St. Louis -- Register and reserve your room for conference now. Click here for registration information.
- TWIG Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Google Forms, Sheets and Add-OnsÃ¢â‚¬â€Tuesday, June 16Ã¢â‚¬â€9:00am to 4:00 pm, MOREnet, 221 Stadium Blvd., Ste. 201, Columbia Ã¢â‚¬â€œ This class will introduce the features and functionality of Google Forms. Click here to register.
- TWIG Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Google Docs and Add-OnsÃ¢â‚¬â€Wednesday, June 17, 9:00am to 12:00pm, MOREnet, 221 Stadium Blvd., Ste. 201, Columbia -- This class will introduce the features and functionality of Google Docs, an online, collaborative word processing Google tool. Click here to register.
- TWIG- Gmail and Google CalendarÃ¢â‚¬â€Wednesday, June 17, 1:00pm to 4:00pm, MOREnet, 221 Stadium Blvd., Ste. 201, Columbia -- This class will introduce the features and functionality of Gmail and Google Calendar. Click here to register.
- *CompTIA Network+ -- Monday, June 22 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Friday, June 26, 2015, MOREnet, 221 Stadium Blvd., Ste. 201, Columbia -- This course is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with a basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems to prepare for the CompTIAÃ‚Â® Network+Ã‚Â® (Exam N10-005), or who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and acquire the required skills to prepare for a career in network support or administration. Click here to register
*NOTE: This course needs a minimum of 10 attendees and will be withdrawn from the schedule 2 weeks prior to date of training if minimum is not met. DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t wait till the last minute!
- Introduction to Windows 2012 Server Administration Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Tuesday, July 14 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Wednesday, July 15, MOREnet 221 Stadium Blvd., Ste. 201, Columbia -- Designed to build a foundation in basic server administration, this class introduces students to many of Windows Server 2012 features. The class includes extensive exercises which reinforce Microsoft Windows Server 2012 network administration skills as they are learned. Click here to register
- Windows 2012 Group Policy Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Thursday, July 16, MOREnet 221 Stadium Blvd., Ste. 201, Columbia -- This class is designed to allow students to centrally manage workstations and servers with Group Policy Objects (GPOs) within a Windows Active Directory domain. Click here to register
- Cyber Security Awareness Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Social Media and Digital FootprintsÃ¢â‚¬â€Thursday, July 23, 2015Ã¢â‚¬â€10:00am to 11:30am, Daniel Boone Regional Library, 100 West Broadway, Columbia, MO Ã¢â‚¬â€œ This FREE workshop is geared toward parents and grandparents. If you'd like to learn more about Social Media and Digital Footprints, please join us to find out what kids are doing online today and how it can affect their future. No registration necessary.
Do you know of any upcoming security-related training or events? Please send them to email@example.com for inclusion in this newsletter.
SECURITY QUOTE OF THE WEEK
Ã¢â‚¬Å“The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards.Ã¢â‚¬ÂÃ¢â‚¬â€œ Gene Spafford