You Can #BeCyberSmart
- Published: Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2020
National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM)
The national campaign to promote cybersecurity awareness kicks off tomorrow. How are you planning to endorse the movement to be #BeCyberSmart?
- Use social media to spread your messages on cybersecurity awareness.
- Sample messages:
- Hang posters throughout your halls and in places where people gather like break rooms and by copiers.
- Plan a phishing campaign to highlight the dangers of malicious emails.
- Don’t click on links or open attachments from unknown senders.
- Here are some tip sheets, posters and videos. https://www.stopthinkconnect.org/resources
- Educator Resources
- Join the Gone Phishing Tournament
- Leave a post-it note on a colleague's desk to show that you recognize their good security practices.
- Create a contest.
- See who can spot the most red flags in a phishing email.
- Have a poster contest highlighting a cybersecurity tip of the week.
- Guess which password is the most secure.
Next week: If You Connect It, Protect It
Writer: Kathy Bellew