In-person Training Policies
Reducing the risk of exposure to COVID-19 is an important part of reopening MOREnet’s classrooms and the MOREnet Immersive Learning Lab (the MILL) to face-to-face classes. Although virtual meetings are still preferred, in some cases, the course content is not conducive to a digital session.
To make the environment safer for everyone and in accordance with Columbia city ordinances, MOREnet staff will implement the following plan. (Updated June 26, 2020)
We will check in visitors in the lobby prior to class, where we will perform temperature checks with a touchless thermometer. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or greater will not be allowed to attend.
Every person who attends will be asked to certify they have not exhibited symptoms similar to COVID-19, according to CDC guidelines.
We also ask that all attendees bring their own masks to wear during the training session. (We will have a few masks on site for those who may have forgotten theirs.)
We have reduced our class and meeting room capacity to allow for adequate social distancing.
- In rooms 204 and 205, the maximum capacity will be no more than 12 visitors.
- In room 206, maximum capacity will be no more than six visitors.
- If rooms 204-206 are combined maximum capacity will be no more than 20 visitors.
- MILL capacity will depend on activity with no more than 18 visitors.
All individuals are asked to maintain social distance of six feet between individuals. We will help ensure this through increased spacing between workstations and by asking visitors to keep the same seats while at MOREnet. We will maintain a record of that seating chart via photograph for 30 days after each class.
We are providing access to, and encourage the use of, hand sanitizer and hand washing.
We have increased the frequency of room and equipment cleaning including:
- Disinfecting of desks, door handles, tables, light switches, countertops, phones, keyboards, laptops, tablets, toilets, faucets, sinks and interactive displays. with a CDC-approved disinfectant.
- Items that cannot be disinfected will be put on a seven-day quarantine after each use.
Our break room is closed for social gathering, and until further notice, the shared coffee pot and tea pitcher are no longer available.