MOREnet is offering a remote storage service for members to store their data in a secure, off-site data facility that connects directly into the core MOREnet network. This data appears as directly connected network storage, allowing members to increase storage capacity quickly, at a minimal expense.
- Access to the data requires authentication unless the subscriber arranges for an NFS mount.
- Data can be encrypted during transmission (in-flight) and while stored (at-rest).
- Organizations can access a large data store at a secure, off-site facility, mitigating the risks associated with a local disaster.
- Subscriber data will be logically segregated from other data.
- Data will be stored on carrier-class, mass-storage devices and protected by RAID 10 redundancy.
- System images and other infrequently used data can be stored remotely, freeing local disk space for volatile data.
- Data is stored on a high-availability storage system.
- Additional capacity may be added quickly and inexpensively.
- Members do not need expensive, proprietary equipment.
- All major operating systems will be supported, including Windows, Mac OS/X, Novell and Linux.
- Storage may be accessed via a direct network connection from server to storage via NFS, CIFS or FTP connectivity.
- No client to install.
Service Level Options
Initially, a single service level is available with this service. Authenticated access to data store via NFS, FTP, sFTP or CIFS in 50 GB increments; no backup of data is provided (member must back up).
While Network Storage data is stored in a high-availability environment, subscribing members are responsible for backing up critical data. No backup is provided as part of this service.