Last month, EBSCO released several enhancements to its Consumer Health Complete database. This resource is part of your MOREnet Membership Service Package.
Consumer Health Complete New Interface and Improved Content
In addition to an infusion of new and updated content, the dedicated search interface offers an improved user experience. You do not need to take any action as the transition to the new interface occurred automatically.
New and updated content includes:
- An updated collection of nearly 340 health reference e-books and encyclopedias, including the McGill Medical Guide and reference books on diabetes, infectious diseases and medical conditions.
- 300 updated animations with transcripts, metadata and subjects.
- Hundreds of updated pamphlets.
- 70 updated health reports.
New interface features include:
- Simple search, including the ability to filter results by source type, subject, publication date and publication name.
- Ability to browse trending topics within popular health categories, including:
- Children, youth and families
- Environmental and public health
- Nutrition and exercise
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Substance abuse
- Ability to browse evidence-based health reports, drug information, natural and alternative treatments and medical images and diagrams.
- Quick Find feature that provides easy access to an A-to-Z list of health reports on common diseases, conditions and injuries.
- Ability to save articles to Google Drive or password-protected personal folders.
- Text-to-speech for HTML articles to assist struggling readers, auditory learners and those developing English-language proficiency.
- Full-text translation in more than 30 languages for HTML articles.
- Option to export citations to RefWorks, NoodleTools, EasyBib and other bibliographic management platforms.
- Ability to view, save, print and email citations in many different formats.
If you have any questions, please MOREnet Technical Support at email@example.com.