MOREnet is one of 43 of the Nation’s Nonprofit Research and Education Networks (RENs). Our nation’s purpose-built RENs provide ultra-highs-speed connectivity and specialized services that increase access to academic opportunities, further scientific discovery, and foster collaboration.
We are a member of The Quilt, a national coalition of nonprofit U.S. regional Research and Education Networks. The mission of every REN is to serve the connectivity needs of high-end research organizations and anchor institutions. Check out the map of The Quilt coalition here: https://www.thequilt.net/quilt-maps/
The Nation’s Research and Education Networks provide their users with:
The fastest, most advanced network services and applications. They power big data-sharing across the states, country and globe.
- The secure, high-performance networks are needed to spark innovative collaboration.
- Optimize advanced cloud services for demanding applications, network security, and research.
- Strategically manage network traffic with peering and caching partners resulting in the most cost-effective and optimized network performance path for all users.
- Interconnect with US National Research and Education Network, Internet2, as well as other federal agency mission-driven science networks.
Powerful partnerships that drive innovations among academia, research, governmental and commercial partners.
- Utilize position as a strong consortium to forge strategic relationships and partners.
- Promote to-and-through strategy to deliver economical connectivity to unserved and underserved areas.
- Facilitate vibrant member communities who use REN technology and solutions.
- Operational transparency through member-directed governance models.
- Minimize costs and maximize benefits across end users through economies of scale and shared cost-recovery models.
Highly secure network infrastructure that protects our users most valuable data.
- REN Security Communities of Practice bolsters cybersecurity operational protections, response and mitigation strategies.
- Security resources to identify network threats and vulnerabilities through monitoring, information sharing and analysis centers.
- Next generation firewall services and robust disaster recovery solutions
- Adopt the mutually Agreed Norms for Routing Security (MANRS)- a global initiative that provides crucial fixes to reduce the most common threats.